In 2009, the UIDAI took the initiative of providing a unique ID under the Aadhaar programme. The government and UIDAI created the platform to be flexible and accessible. You can easily download Aadhaar card. You may have relocated to a new city or area, gotten married or taken a new name/surname, or even taken a contact number since then, and you can change every pertinent information that requires change on the database or the ID.
The UIDAI enable you to perform your Aadhaar Card Update online easily. This post will teach you how to update all of your Aadhaar Online in simple steps.
Here’s what you’ll need if you want to edit your Aadhaar information online by using the online option:
- A functional internet
- A connected computer
- Any scanner or scanning app
Aadhar Card Eligibility
You can apply for and make edits to your Aadhar details if you meet the following criteria:
- You should be an Indian national.
- You should be an NRI with a recent stay of at least 182 days in India.
Procedure for Online Aadhar Card Updation
You must log in to the Aadhaar platform and choose the update information option. Then, the forum will send an OTP to verify. You will reach the data page when you enter the OTP.
- Procedure to Edit Your Aadhaar Card Address Online
- Choose to edit the address and input your current address.
- The verification process requires a document listing your name and the new address if you want to edit your address.
- Select your BPO.
- When you submit your request, the forum generates a URN (Update Request Number).
- Procedure to Edit or Correct Aadhaar Card Name Online:
- To change your name, you need Proof of Identity Documents with your Name and Photo.
- The forum registers the revised request when you upload the documents.
- There is no fee required to alter your name on your Aadhar card.
- How to Change Aadhaar Card Date of Birth Online:
- Enter your information in the DD/MM/YYYY format. You need to verify the date of birth.
- Keep in mind that you may only change your Date of Birth once. You cannot modify the date after the forum validates it.
- Submit scanned pictures/Pdf of your original documents.
- Remember the URN (Update Request Number) for future use.
How to Update Aadhar Card Mobile Number Online:
The process is offline to edit your phone number, and you need to visit a Seva Kendra. The procedure is significantly different if you want to add a new number or have lost the previous one. Follow these given steps:
- Fill in the Aadhaar number, Your name, and your address.
- Fill in your new phone number in the Mobile section.
- Sign the form after attaching some identification. Please put your thumbprint in the designated section.
- Please double-check the information and post it to the following address:
Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh, India 480001 or
UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, India 500034.
Why Should You Update Your Aadhaar Card?
Updating your Aadhaar card is critical since the card may eventually replace your traditional debit or credit cards.
- The Aadhaar Enabled Payments System (AEPS) is in its early phases. In future, your Aadhaar card may approve payments that require your biometrics, such as a fingerprint scan and an iris scan.
- In India, the Aadhar card paved the path for digital payments. Moreover, the Aadhar card ushered India into the cashless economy it is today.
It is imperative to make edits in the Aadhaar data when necessary. To trace your Aadhaar card update, use the URN. It will take at least 7 to 10 days for the changes to take effect. However, the process is easy and, most of the time, free.